Notes and Stories about time traveling from a man who claims to be me. I post one page of the story per day (except Sunday)

Friday, November 03, 2006

Nothing has ever made me happier than spending time with my family. I had a beautiful wife and three beautiful daughters all a year apart. I was hoping for a boy but there was no evidence that my wife and I were going to give up trying. My family kept me working hard and on the right path. We were by no means rich, our typical fun was, we’d go visit relatives, or we’d have relatives over the house. In the summer we had a small inflatable pool, that my wife would stick her feet in while the girls would splash around, while I fooled around with the grill. Money was tight but my wife got to stay home from work and look after the kids and often her sisters would come over and help out. I had some website projects with some friends and I was hoping to eventually turn the tiny pool into a real pool. My wife was a saint. She was intelligent and beautiful and for some reason spent a lot of time outside. Most people I knew growing up never used the back yard. She would always find some reason to get the whole family in the backyard.


I could already tell my daughters were going to be very smart. I’d try to get them to watch Star Wars but they of course preferred watching the same Disney movies over and over. Even I started learning all the words to little Mermaid. My wife would roll her eyes as I snuck a Queen Amidala into my oldest daughters Barbie Case. What I think was most amazing is my daughters would always share, while other kids just grabbed and took things. If some other kid starting making a fuss and grabbed something from my oldest daughter, she wouldn’t cry she’d just back away and look at me confused. Like “Dad, what’s this kids problem?”


My wife was always making sure we were doing the right thing. She participated in support groups in the Church to help out the less fortunate. We’d often go and work in the Church soup kitchen and we figured once the girls got a little bit older we’d have them help out at the soup kitchen as well. It would help them learn not to take things for granted. My wife was very strict when it came to prayers and I knew that she would always keep me on the straight and narrow. All I needed to do to get to Heaven was to stay by her side, which is where I always wanted to be.


One day the subject came up of some buddies and I going to a haunted house. I told my wife about the plans and she told me she was not comfortable with the idea and explained why, but basically told me I could go with no hard feelings. I explained to her how it was no big deal and we did it in college and in high school and I never saw anything haunted anyway. Then I realized I didn’t want to go either, I had no desire to screw around a supposed witch’s grave not for the sane reason of being a grown up, it’s for the slim chance of anything actually being haunted. I did not feel like I wanted to be reminded of anything evil. I had my kids and my wife and I didn’t want any evil even creeping into my world. So I called back up my buddy Dan and blamed my wife on not letting me go. I let here hear it which I received a playful slap from.


When my oldest daughter was four, I was questioning my past. Maybe all the time travel stuff was a dream, I would think? Then the TV would come on and I realize a lot of the same things were happening that happened before. Some stuff was different though as if my different choices in life ended up changing things little by little where I eventually wouldn’t remember half the things I read in the news. I tried to block the whole notion of me time traveling out of my mind. It still didn’t seem right. Why would I have to have scientists transport me while Abraxas could do it like it was nothing the whole time? Why did Abraxas shoot others that looked like me? Finally I wondered what if something happened to one of my daughters like a car crash or they fell and hit their heads, could I just call Abraxas and stop it before it even happened? Also if I called out Abraxas is that the same thing as summoning a demon.? As long as I had my beautiful and loving wife and my hilariously cute kids, I told myself I would not concern myself on those subjects for my family and for the Grace of God.

No comments: