Notes and Stories about time traveling from a man who claims to be me. I post one page of the story per day (except Sunday)

Monday, October 30, 2006

The night before the launch I was again contacted by Abraxas in my sleep. He came in the same form as before. This time I felt as the star spoke the voice was not coming from the star itself, but from behind my head and that it was slowly sneaking up closer and closer behind me. It spoke “Tomorrow you must not wear the suit they give you, if you do you’ll be crushed in the ground as the others were. Tell them for the equation to work, you must not wear the suit. Tell them I promise to deliver you to the M.I.T. Time Travelers’ Convention as they wished, and from this act, their fields in science we’ll be dramatically changed.” As the voice seemed to grow closer I wanted to look behind me, but when I moved the stars in front of me continued to move with my vision. I became unnerved when I felt the environment I was in seemed to be fake like I was watching a screen, making me realize I was in a dream, which I then woke up from.

When I told everyone at the lab that I must not wear the suit because of the equation none of them could figure out why. They told me that I might survive the tunnel but once I was gone from the tunnel wherever I ended up I would be traveling so fast that I would burn up and die and then most likely be shot into something. I was told how the suit acts as a giant airbag and as a shield, and without it I would certainly die. I repeated to them the angel who they all knew about now, told me that if I wear it I’ll die just like the ones who traveled before. Many of the scientists said they regretted ever having signed on to the project. Even though originally agreed to opening back up the Zipper, they never agreed to these new demands. I told them I was the one taking the most serious risk, and I understand how insane it sounds. I then told them the being told me, I would be traveling to the M.I.T. Time Travelers convention and that their fields of science will be dramatically changed.


Some of the scientists rolled their eyes, but then Dr. Bun spoke up and told the doubters. “Maybe it’s not such a bad idea. This being he speaks of has so far been right through amazing circumstances. If we did the same thing as we did for the other guys it would scientifically make sense that he would die the exact same way. Changing the equation such as removing the suit might be the thing that makes the most sense. We can’t fathom it scientifically now just like we can’t explain the supposed angel but maybe later on science will prevail and explain all of this. We might be doing a great thing for science if what he says is true. If there really were beings from beyond wouldn’t it make more sense that they would be concerned with time travel rather than say all the other crazy y’know stories, maybe?”


All grumbles aside the project went through with a total of only 18 scientists and engineers directly having to be involved. I put the plans of the project in my pocket, and entered the chamber of the bullet only with a face mask. I was buckled in by men with heavy suits and they strapped me in as quickly as possible and left the chamber. As soon as they closed the door to the chamber, the entry way to the neutron wall tunnel opened. I thought I might of heard the explosion. I don’t remember anything of the tunnel. I was upright and thought I saw blackness around my body for a split second. I found myself standing in the rain. At first I don’t believe the rain was hitting me. I assumed I would still be heavily tied and buckled to the chair but this was not the case. I noticed I smelled like burnt almond cookies. After a short dizziness I realized I was soaking wet standing outside the M.I.T. Time Travelers’ Convention.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome writing. Seriously, awesome plot, awesome everything. Nicely done.