Notes and Stories about time traveling from a man who claims to be me. I post one page of the story per day (except Sunday)

Friday, November 03, 2006

At the hospital when I first laid eyes upon Death, he assured me that he was not there for me, but to retrieve the soul of William Frunze. I stood their in awe as Death with his boney hands removed Frunze’s soul by reaching into Frunze’s chest and gently lifting Frunze out. Frunze’s soul, which looked exactly like Frunze, seemed scared at first, but Death made a calm shushing sound and Frunze seemed calm and more willing to be removed. I myself felt calmness come over me at this time as well, and I smelled the smell of a pleasant jasmine.


Death fully removed Frunze’s soul and then Death twitched his wrist and Frunze's soul changed and appeared as a ball or a bubble of glowing light in Deaths’ hand. Death stuck the bubble at first I believed under his robe, but later I realized it was in the robe itself. Death explained that I was able to see him because I had already died many, many times, and it seemed what ever actions I took, I would lead for more souls for him and the others to take.


Death beckoned me to follow him and I did aware of the possible implications. He took my hand as we exited the universe and into Whiteness outside. Once again I could not see myself nor was I able to see Death, however I did see his Shroud. It is as at that point I realized his shroud was an actual universe he wore around himself. As I was being pulled through the multi-verse at an amazing speed. I saw the universes rush past me like blood platelet’s flowing through veins in the circulatory system. The presence of universes rushing past me faded away until there was only whiteness, and I looked forward only to see Deaths universe cloak as it took on the form of a giant pair of black wings. Up ahead was a grayish looking universe. It grew bigger as we flew close to it till finally I found myself enveloped in it.


We stood before a gate with a giant snarling dog appearing before us. The dog towered above me, and I questioned if I was about to be eaten, as it snarled and drooled with the look of insanity. The dogs head first appeared as the skull of a dog, and then it appeared as the Egyptian god Anubis. Death standing beside me rose up his hand at the giant dog and the dog took the shape of a human form still with the head of Anubis.

I thought to myself “This is a multi headed dog it must be Cerberus.”

“No”, Death voice came into my head “Cerberus guards the gates of Hell. We all go by many names here, my dog for instance is named Xolotl, Wepwawet, Mot, and Anup Anupu he is able to weigh and judge souls and guards the gates of Vela, Tuonela, or as you’ll understand it The land of the Dead, you’ll meet my wife later.”


As I looked around the land of the Dead, it seemed a very dreary place. In the distance as I passed through the gate, I only saw what looked like an old beat up shack up ahead, and beyond that all around was a grey mist that blocked me from seeing much further. Death stood next to Anubis and I guess they were talking, but all I saw was just two beings not moving their mouths, then Death removed his cloak and handed it to Anubis. Death appeared to be just a skeleton of just bone but when I saw him naked I realized that every bone was covered with a thin layer of skin and that he also wore a bandage like covering around his body, Death told me to follow him into the shack and as we entered. He told me to take a seat at a round table which he sat at the other side of. Death looked at me “You can relax; I’m not like those demons. I don’t lie. In fact I’m brutally honest and very fair and impartial.

You and I have a lot in common as I see it. We are both being used, were both the underdogs, and we both have an extreme amount of power."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! OK THe only thing though is i stumbled through quite a few sentences -- you may want to come back and proof read this. There were a few akwardly worded things, but the imagery was strong though.

Unknown said...

Created a strong image in my mind, and I loved how you portrayed Death.