Notes and Stories about time traveling from a man who claims to be me. I post one page of the story per day (except Sunday)

Monday, October 30, 2006

Now the Space Zippers go ahead is determined on me and a sit down talk with the scientists on the project. Scott and others finally said the only way this project can go through is if I tell them where the original riders of the space zipper are. I asked them “If I do, will the project go through, and will I ride it?” They looked around at each other and started nodding heads, some not looking so sure and they finally told me “Yes”. I then told them that the previous riders were dead 22 and 26 feet inside the ground at the end of the zipper tunnel.


Some scientists were amazed, Scott was pissed off. I think he was hoping I’d say the angel in my dreams was one of the space travelers being an ascended type being or something along those lines ala 2001 Space Odyssey scenario. The scientists worked out a way to scan the ground to see if I was right. At the end of the tunnel they found two hunks of compact mass. They concluded that riders of the space zipper popped out of space and then popped back in when the tunnel was over moving on the same route. Once they popped back into space the ground which was already present and took up the space they were moving into became one with them. Hence they were half ground half human and compacted from going at an incredibly high speed. They would not be a pretty site to dig up; however they would be an important find to study. The notion that dead scientists would be important scientific find seemed a very cold way of viewing the situation. Hence some dirty looks were given from one scientist to another.


They group had to ask “Why would the scenario be any different for me as it was the other two zipper riders?’ At this time through rumor mostly every one knew my bizarre story. These guys are responsible for keeping the most top secret things secret, and now most all of them now knew my story through rumor. I was able to tell them the same source that led me to the bodies was the same source that assured me my safety. From the rest of the time on I could see that everyone was very uncomfortable that they had to work with me.


On the days leading up to the project I assumed I had lost my old job. My official excuse through my friend Kevin was a major family emergency. I made the agreement that if my journey through the space zipper was successful I had to leave evidence of its success where ever I may end up. Dr Hsu and Dr. Landsberg both agreed I should show up at an M.I.T. Time Travelers Convention that happened 5 years ago on May 7th 2005.


There was little I needed to do personally to get ready for the project. They tried to explain to me how the tunnel worked and gave me a booklet on the projects details to take with me on the voyage.

I gathered, the tunnel itself is made of highly dense matter made out of hydrogen isotopes called deuterium and tritium being pulled together by Coulombs force (had to go look it up I’m just repeating what I heard). Then these isotopes nucleus or centers is what the wall of the tunnel is made of. This is a heavy mass called neutrons so the tunnel is called the neutron wall. I was not sure if the densest thing on Earth was actually a solid but I was told if I got close to it I’d be dead. Apparently this wall was being held in magnetic equilibrium by the giant container around it. The tunnel is so dense it takes the generally weak force of gravity and makes it really strong. Not only would radiation kill me but I would be crushed to death by the wall if left in the tunnel for more than a second. I was to be put on a seat attached to a back of a giant bullet like object made of a series of different isotopic elements. The bullet then sits at one side of the tunnel. The tunnel hatch opens, and at the opposite side of the tunnel an explosion takes place. This explosion causes a chemical reaction that pulls the bullet forward converting the bullet into a substance that changes its magnetism to repel it from behind and attract it forwards. Time and space are pushed and squeezed to the sides of the tunnel as the bullet pushes through. The neutron walls gravity is able to bend and hold onto space time for the fraction of time so I will not be touched by it on the backside of the bullet. Hence it’s like a zipper that opens up space time but the zipper closes eventually. That was my general comic book understanding of the physics put before me. I’m sure I got it wrong.


The scientists said the main problem with this is once you pop out of time where does one go. There is no steering wheel or configurations to point you in a certain way. Also there is no mechanism for returning. Hence the two scientists that gave their lives understood that they were taking great risks all they had on them was a space suit with some basic materials and means to hopefully transmit a signal in outer space. I found out I’d be taking none of that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't get any of that description. I think it opens up a tunnel and closes? Something like that. Hopefully it isn't that important to the rest of the story.