Notes and Stories about time traveling from a man who claims to be me. I post one page of the story per day (except Sunday)

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Death told me to follow him as we walked out of his small house. We walked until we came upon over 20 versions of myself. He told us today we were all going to do some cleaning. Me and the others were told how we’d each go to a couple selected universes and destroy them. To me this sounded horrible, and some of the other also seemed somewhat disturbed by this. There was an older version of me, he seemed like it was no big deal. He spoke “ I want to ride the Horse” and immediately after another version of me asked “Can I take a Lizard?”


Before I knew it everyone was hopping up on strange giant animals that walked out of the mist. I saw a giant blue Jay and a pale buffalo. What animal is mine I asked? Death replied it does not matter. All these creatures are all legendary travelers from my past. They are all believed to take a person from one world to another. If you believe in a piece of never fading spring grass hard enough such as I can, then it can get you to your destination.” Death opened his bony palm and there was, a piece of grass. “Take it, animals can be a hassle anyway.” I saw all the other take off outside the universe on cool and bizarre animals and all I had was a lousy piece of grass.


Death told me he’d meet back up with me when I was done destroying universes. I asked him how I was supposed to do this, and why am I doing it?

He replied “You’re wasting my plans for efficiency, your doing this because I can’t. These are universes gone wrong, They wont amount to anything just headaches later on. You’ll see for yourself. Just go and you’ll find out how to destroy them easily. Please just hold the piece of grass up.”

As soon as I held the grass up, I shot out of Death’s universe. I was once again shooting through the multi-verse. All the universes were once again flowing past me like blood platelets until I stopped at a platelet that was in front of me. As I held it and looked at it closely, I expected to see a universe of horrible evil or something repulsive. That was my idea of a universe gone wrong. What I did see appeared to be a thousand games of Pong.


There were blocks appearing out of thin air, and none of these things seem to have an apparent direction. What was most bizarre is that things would appear three dimensional then revert to two dimensions and back again. Death was right I did not feel bad at all destroying this universe. I took the universe and bent it aroundso that I could rip it in half. I was about to rip it apart, when I thought I should have a second look. Most of my quick actions, I regret so I peered again at the universe.


I looked closely at the tiny blocks appearing and transforming. I peeked in closer to see if there was any life forms on it, a possible Horton hears a Who scenario (a Dr. Suess story where an elephant finds a world he can only hear on a small speck and tries to save it while everybody else does not believe him) I was relieved to find no such life forms. So I went to tear up the universe only to find out I couldn’t do it. The universe just stretched. I tried folding it, making creases in it. Then I tried ripping little pieces off of it. I tried hitting it real hard. Then I thought to grab one of the blocks in the universe and taking it out, or possibly enter the universe and see if I could smash it up from the inside.


As I focused to enter the universe, the universe became bigger around me as usual, but as soon as I stuck my arm inside, everything froze. The whole place just seemed to malfunction and crash. I would understand later the physics that make up me and that universe could not possibly coexist. Somehow my physics won. Some what surprised at this I moved away from the universe and it got smaller again. I now grabbed the frozen universe, and was now able to break pieces off with my hand. The universe crumbled and I destroyed my first universe.


I thought about my crappy piece of grass and realized how stupid it might look if some one were to see me holding it up. I rubbed it between my thumb and forefinger, ready to stick it up in the air or nothingness, but the rubbing itself sent me taking off towards a new universe. As I was shot through the multi-verse, I questioned the faulty science of my blade of grass.

No comments: