Notes and Stories about time traveling from a man who claims to be me. I post one page of the story per day (except Sunday)

Saturday, November 18, 2006

The world had come crashing down rather quick. In the sky scrolled words above every city that the world was a game, and listed the 473 creators of the world and also the math and the code that made up the world. A group of large mechs had escaped from the military and entered the city. The mechs were killing innocent civilians and blowing up anything that got in their path. The mech pilots were all assumed to have the Halo Virus. There was also a group of prostitutes on the news claiming that they had all performed acts with a very rich man infected with the halo virus. This man had told them he was a creator of time and map layout in the universe. The prostitutes on camera all claimed that the man said if they told anyone what he was doing he would kill them, and would not feel any pity, because he said that they really don’t exist.

An hour later a man with a halo was being interviewed on television. “I am your creator.” the man said. “I and others programmed you each with the abilities to learn and interact as separate programs in a much larger program which is a game called Terra Gaia 3. The Halo appears over one of you when a real life player playing this game selects one of you random programs wandering around your world. You think but trust me you do not exist. We have the ability to shut your world off and make all of you start over again not knowing anything except your fake programmed generic pasts, that you all believe you really have. We have done it before countless times. This game has not gone online yet but we need to fix the bugs, and we need to fix it to make this world a better place for all of you. So who ever figured out how to go beyond the pixilation of the game and is screwing up the sky, they are not only threatening themselves, but the lives of all of you. So I ask the stupid genius writing in the sky what is it going to be? Are you willing to kill everybody, are you happy your shattering every bodies hopes and dreams and scaring all the so called kids out there.

A couple seconds passed and the sky turned blue with the usual white fluffy clouds again. The man with the halo stood their smiling at the camera as his face beamed across the world on almost every television. Then the halo man remarked “We made you guys too smart for your own good!”, and as he stood their chuckling a lightning bolt came down from the sky and struck him. The camera crew surrounding him thought he was dead but he rose up from the ground charred. “You stupid idiots, I felt that through my neural suit do you know what I can do to you. I am your God.” Then one of the camera crew smacked the haloed man with his camera while the other man filmed, and soon a group of onlookers jumped in and continued to beat the Haloed man senseless.

***

I was able to see the universe Terra Gaia 3 and a more experienced version of me told me to not enter into the universe fore it might be fatal for the universe. My other self told me to follow him and we would go to the root of creation for Terra Gaia 3. When we finally arrived at the direct source of TG3 we found ourselves in the office building of Virtuadyne Software Co. We walked by a couple offices to see that in each one an individual with a controller in his hand also wearing a full latex looking sensory suit sitting in front of a computer.
The clocks on the wall said it was 8 pm and even though most of the lights were off in the office, it seemed a lot of people were still working, or for that matter playing. Another George appeared near the end of the hallway and waved me and the other George over. We creeped along till we reached him and then he pointed at the CEO’s office. We entered slowly to find a very fat man squeezed into a sensory suit, part of the suit was unzipped so his gut had some breathing room. The CEO seemed unconscious with sweat dripping and his head rolled to the side, and in the air it smelled like something was burning. The computer that sat before him displayed people standing looking down, some looking angry while others looking confused.

The other George turned to me” We have to save these people from being shut down, we need to go grab some suits and controllers.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, pretty cool! No, I did not expect that. Hope you don't mind a few comments ...

The first paragraph was a HUGE leap -- too big of one for me. I don't mean leap, as in, hard to believe, but just too fast of a transition. We were in the hospital last episode and within a few sentences the world was being destroyed.

Second. Are we going to see the other characters again? I don't mean Paul or Sam, but their friends. If not, their introduction may have been superflous.

Third; this is an interesting twist, but I'm slightly confused. Was this universe created (ala The Matrix)? Or was it "hacked into" by scientists from other universes? Perhaps these will be cleared up; I'd prefer the latter, only because the former is a subject that has been covered in other literature.

In either case, I don't think it's too unrealistic (for SciFi). Present day, we are developing games like Sims and Spore, so it's not a huge leap to see such a situation. I also can't tell the time line (are we in Present DAy or like 2411). If it's a case of The Matrix, I would have a hard time believing it is present day. If it's the hacking, I don't see why we couldn't do this in present day.

George McDougall said...

I'll have to check out the story again but I believe all your answers will be explained in the follow up story.
Yes the introduction to those friends was ultra superflous - my bad. The story is made up a little bit as I go along. The timelines will be explained in a future story, that'll be in next week or possibly a couple weeks.

Unknown said...

Good. This story is really coming along well. I like what is happening, but I don't get why you had all the lead up about Sam (I don't know what superflous means and I'm too lazy to look it up in the dictionary :P).

A very good story so far.